Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well, slap me silly and call me Fertile Myrtle!


Um, whoa! Apparently, Mike and I are the most fertile people on the planet. With Lawrence, we got pregnant with one "let's just see what happens..." And now this! We were avoiding (though, obviously not very well...)
Of course, we knew it was a possibility...we just never imagined that it would happen when I a) wasn't supposed to be fertile and b) from ONE time. And, sure, there have been little signs and symptoms the past couple weeks...and my period IS 5 days late...but I nearly passed out when I saw the "Pregnant" pop up!
So, going by my cycle, my due date's around 09.28.08. Going by conception date, it would be 10.02.08. We'll see what the doc says, I suppose. But, if everything goes well, Mike and I will joining the "two under two" club early fall (when Lawrence is just under 21 months old -- holyshit!)
Here's a list of my "clues" (some made me think I was pregnant and some just make sense in retrospect):
  • Really bad bloating, starting 4-5 days after conception. (really painful -- couldn't even get a deep breath in!)
  • Increased tiredness
  • Lawrence started adamantly, damn-near-violently refusing his bedtime nursing session (his only nursing session)
  • "Tingly" boobs
  • "Heavy feeling" in lower abdomen
  • Menstrual cramping for the past 1.5 weeks (With my period I only have cramping once it starts)
  • Missed period
  • Bitchiness
  • Increased peeing
  • Chapped lips (had the same thing with Law)
  • THIRSTINESS!
  • Acne on my chin (had that with Law, too)

I took several tests leading up to my digital BFP with completely unclear results. I don't know what's up with that...either $Tree just doesn't like me or it was too early even though I'd missed my period. I got some suuuuuuuuper faint lines, but they came up really late -- like around the 10 minute mark or more. I knew I wasn't supposed to give any credibility to anything seen after 10 minutes, so I didn't know WHAT to think. I finally broke down today and got a digital.

My mind's already reeling with bedroom arrangements, double strollers, MONEY and daycare...and I haven't even really wrapped my head around the fact that there's a little life growing inside of me as we speak. It's totally different the second time around...with my first pregnancy, it was like the world STOPPED spinning the minute we found out we were going to be parents. In that one instant, everything changed. Don't get me wrong -- it's still completely exciting and exhilarating...but the world hasn't exactly stopped spinning...or even slowed down. We have Lawrence to worry about and we've already been through it once, so some of the element of "OMG! What's next?!" just isn't there.

I can't wait to tell people. I really thought I'd want to keep it a secret this time. But, I find myself wanting to call every person I know -- hell! every person I've met in passing -- and tell them the news!

Wow. I just still don't believe it. And every time I look at the pee stick, I'm shocked all over again. I literally get chills.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Congratulations again on the new pregnancy! Love the new blog. Great job!

~Jodi