Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Monday!

Today, I am thankful for Mondays. I'm about to sound like a braggart, so if you're not in the mood, I suggest you close this browser window now...

I LOVE that I don't have to work on Mondays. I lie in bed on Monday mornings while Mike gets ready for work and feel a bit sorry for all the poor souls who have to drag themselves out of bed and go into the office. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to have off from Friday at 1pm until Tuesday morning every.single.week.

This particular Monday, my son decided that he'd sleep until 8:30am. WOOT! He's been waking me up at 7:15 (or even earlier), so even though I was already up, it was nice to be able to loaf around and ease into the day instead of having to be "on" the second I dragged my butt out of bed.

I feel so productive today, too! I've already vacuumed, dusted and done a load of laundry. Now if I can score some effing shoes, I'll be SET.

Speaking of shoes...CURSE YOU, YOU BLASTED KOHL'S! A-holes.

Yesterday, I stopped into Kohl's to look at photo frames for my aunt (long story short, her podunk town didn't have enough of what she was looking for, so she added the Great Nantucket Style Frame Hunt duties to my already daunting Great Shoe Hunt of 2008). I decided to swing past the shoe department just to see what they had.

SCORE!

They had shoes buy one, get one FREE. Yes, FREE! Since Mike is in desperate need of new black dress shoes (his, uh, "talk" when he walks...not pretty), I thought I'd pick up a pair for both daddy and son. Holler!

They had one pair of Mike's favorite brand of shoes in his size and they were on sale for a mere $39.99. I couldn't believe my luck! Then, I found little Adidas All Stars for Lawrence -- they met all my criteria. My mood was soaring higher than it had in weeks.

I took my prized footwear to the checkout lane and the lady rings them up. My total was something around $80. I questioned the "buy one, get one" sale and the valley girl checker says:

"uh, yeahhhh. Like, athletic shoes aren't, like, included....you know, even baby ones."

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

There AREN'T any options OTHER than "athletic shoes" for boys!

I decided I'd go back and look again to see if there was an alternative. Mike's shoes were a great deal anyway and I wasn't about to pass up FREE! shoes. Whaddya know? Nadda. I looked at the big, ol' sign posted directly above all the "athletic shoes" and re-read the disclaimer (I had noticed that Vera Wang shoes were excluded, but not athletic). UNDER the Vera Wang disclaimer, in even smaller, italicized print was "athletic shoes excluded." Bastards.

So, unless I want to buy my child some lovely Mary Jane's, his footwear is exempt from the Kohl's sale. Ugh.

Good thing Nana said she'd order those cute Chucks I posted the other day from gap.com...

No comments: